CdV Meeting Minutes 9-6-2018

Meeting called to order at 7:03pm

Seneschal Report:
Seneschal opened and stated that he had emailed the Scout Lodge but the email bounced. Trying to locate other ways. Linn County is officially part of Coeur du Val!

Herald Report:
Willhelm has performed two new consults. At Lebus he did perform town cry, field heraldry and more. He also performed two more submissions with two more ready to go.

Chatelain Report:
Jacob reports that the demo is set up for the showing of Willow at the Whiteside Theater on September 12th. Free admission for demo participants. Movie starts at 7pm. Flyers have been printed!

Marshal Report:
Marshal William Geoffrey reports that fighting continues regularly fighting at Lebus happened. Paperwork is being worked on.

Chamberlain Report: Cillian noted that we have stuff and it is organized! At some point it will be moved to Solbella’s.

Arts & Sciences Report:
Nest verch Allen stated that there was lots of A&S at Lebus and the winner was from Coeur du Val. Nemo made a box on site from materials available from the site. There was great attendance at bardic as well as random and unscheduled happenings. A&S Night is coming soon (feedback is needed) and planning an evening at the Horse Barn.

Exchequer Report:
Exchequer Dyrfinna reports $xxx.xx available funds. $xx was received from Branch Marshal. Lebus reimbursements (fell within incidentals)

Additional Old Business
Lebus went well and we should have broken even, financially. Returned key and waiting to see how Parks Dept. responds. Hoping to make Mythical Beastie work next time.

Shire storage unit will be moved after Summits Coronet.
Event (Willhelm) is being worked on, site in Alsea. Receiving much support from the Principal of the school. Short discussion on dates.

New Business

Summits Arts and Sciences Championship, Feb 9 & 10, 2019. Bid has been sent to Principality with all Pros and Cons. Could be rejected on ADA issues, waiting to hear. It is a dry site. Camping allowed on-site. Kitchen is available. Trying to get Champion’s Requirements to post on website.

Fighter Option: Bring armor/gear to showcase what you have studied & created. Want to know people’s thoughts. Possible fighter kit upgrade classes. William Geoffrey is willing to check out the site for any fighting options. Evening potluck. Drop down screen available for SCA-inspired movies.

Community Faire coming up? Eleanor is in charge of it.

Meeting was closed and adjourned at 7:48pm.

In attendance for the official business meeting held this 6th of September 2018 were the following:

Dyrfinna Thrirdrakkarfjorden
Cillian Fitzwilliam
Nest verch Alan
Wilhelm von Dusseldorf
Æsa Rouðfeldr
Sholeh of Susa
William Geoffrey the Rogue
Diana de Winterton
Marcus Octavius Rufus
Solbella ha Tayeret